Whether you envision a traditional chapel, or a destination winery wedding ceremony, there are a few key factors you’ll want to consider when choosing your ceremony site.
The Type of Ceremony you want will be the leading factor in choosing which venue will best suits your wedding needs. Think about the style of ceremony you’re looking to have – chapel traditional or barefoot on the beach – formal or informal, this will help narrow down the vast amount of choices.
Guest Count will be the second most important factor when looking at potential ceremony locations. If you are envisioning an intimate gathering of your closest friends and family, a small winery estate might be the perfect location. Whereas, if you’re looking to host a multitude of guests, searching large hotels or resorts will best fit your needs with their ballrooms.
Location. When choosing the where to hold your ceremony keep in mind factors like traffic, parking and travel time.
Types of Ceremony Sites
- Chapels, Churches, Synagogues, & Mosques
- Community Halls & Centers
- Event, Visitor & Convention Centers
- Golf & Country Clubs
- Historic Venues
- Hotels, Houses and Lodges
- Museums, Zoos & Aquariums
- Parks, Beach houses, Pavilions, and Recreation Centers
- Private Clubs
- Private Residences
- Rowing & Sailing Centers
- Theaters & Music Halls
10 Questions to ask when choosing your ceremony site:
- Do they have dates available around the time you want your wedding?
- How many people can they accommodate?
- Do they have enough parking, offer valet parking services, or management?
- Do they offer on-site coordination?
- Do they offer a discount for weekday or off-season?
- For outdoor weddings, what are the local noise ordinances?
- Are there any decoration or music restrictions?
- What’s their cancellation policy?
- Does the venue have a reception site attached or close by? If so, is there an additional charge to use this space?
- How long will can your reserve event space(s) for? Keep in mind your florist, décor and musicians will need adequate time to set up prior to your guest’s arrival.
BanquetEvent Lucky in Love's "Wedding 101", offers practical and inspiration wedding planning tools, advice, and connects you with the vendors who can make the wedding of dreams a reality.